Coming October 3, 2017: Fire, Water, and Forest Health Workshop
The Emerald and Marys Peak Chapters are teaming up to provide a science workshop around the themes of Fire, Water, and Forest Health. The workshop will be held October 3 at the Linn County Fair and Expo Center in Albany, Oregon (right off the I-5 freeway).
The workshop will explore current and future climate trends in western Oregon and its potential impacts on fire, water, and forest health.
Kathie Dello, Associate Director of the Oregon Climate Change Research Institute at Oregon State University, will open the workshop and provide current western Oregon climate trends regarding temperature, precipitation, stream flows, and other potential effects.
Other speakers and topics include:
- Genetics and reforestations concerns--Carlos Gonzalez, Oregon State University
- Invasive species--Bill Schaupp, USDA Forest Service
- Long-term Douglas-fir nutrient research--Doug Maguire, Oregon State University
- Fire issues related to climate--Andrew Yost from the Oregon Dept. of Forestry
- Stream flows, hydrology and pair watershed studies--Maryanne Reiter, Weyerhaeuser Company
Registration information is coming soon, so check back often.
Hope to see you there!