Emerald Chapter Overview and Contact:
The Emerald Chapter of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) is comprised of approximately 150 natural resource professionals in and around Lane County, Oregon. We were named the Oregon Chapter of the Year for 2017!
Chapter Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from September to May, at the Steelhead Brewery in Eugene. Meetings start at 6 p.m. with dinner/social hour, and always feature a timely forestry topic, lively discussion, and networking. Directions to Steelhead Brewery
The Emerald Chapter also hosts an annual chapter field trip in June, and partners with local organizations to promote forestry education and sustainable forestry.
For the most up-to-date Chapter news and events, please follow us on our Facebook page
- Next Chapter Meeting at The Steelhead Brewery in Eugene, will be on Tuesday, September 17th at 6 p.m.
- June: Summer Potluck BBQ with the Umpqua and Coos Bay Chapters at River Forks Park
- May: Good Neighbor Authority, Kyle Sullivan/Micheal Curren (ODF) and Tracy Beck (USFS)
- April: Forest Pollinators, Christine Buhl, ODF Statewide Entomologist
- March: Forestry Advocacy tips and tricks with Jake Pelroy
- February: Peter Daugherty, Oregon State Forester
- January: Guillermo Giannico, OSU Fisheries Extension, Fish Habitat, and Riparian Interactions
To receive the monthly newsletter, chapter communications, and event notices via email, please send us a note at email@example.com
Co-Chairs: Tiffany Roddy / Tyler Claxton
Delegate at Large: Emily Caretti
Program Chair: Lauren Grand
Treasurer: Norm Michaels
Newsletter Editor/Secretary: Jeff Grogan
Policy: Bob Sanders
Other: Steve Cafferata
Membership Chair: (open)