Emerald Chapter Overview and Contact:
The Emerald Chapter of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) is comprised of approximately 150 natural resource professionals in and around Lane County, Oregon.
Chapter Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from September to May, at the Steelhead Brewery in Eugene. Meetings start at 6 p.m. with dinner/social hour, and always feature a timely forestry topic, lively discussion, and networking. Directions to Steelhead Brewery
The Emerald Chapter also hosts an annual chapter field trip in June, and partners with local organizations to promote forestry education and sustainable forestry.
For the most up-to-date Chapter news and events, please follow us on our Facebook page
- Jaunuary 21st Chatper Meeting: ODF State Forester Peter Daugherty Update ; Roaring Rapids Pizza, Eugene (NEW LOCATION!)
- November: Forest Geology and Slope Stability in Western Oregon
- October: Happy Hour @ Steelhead/Lane County Commissioners Public Meeting
- June: Summer Potluck BBQ with the Umpqua and Coos Bay Chapters at River Forks Park
- May: Good Neighbor Authority, Kyle Sullivan/Micheal Curren (ODF) and Tracy Beck (USFS)
- April: Forest Pollinators, Christine Buhl, ODF Statewide Entomologist
- March: Forestry Advocacy tips and tricks with Jake Pelroy
- February: Peter Daugherty, Oregon State Forester
- January: Guillermo Giannico, OSU Fisheries Extension, Fish Habitat, and Riparian Interactions
To receive the monthly newsletter, chapter communications, and event notices via email, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us at email@example.com