The Emerald Chapter of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) is comprised of approximately 150 natural resource professionals in and around Lane County, Oregon.
Chapter Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from September to May, at the Steelhead Brewery in Eugene. Meetings start at 6 p.m. with dinner/social hour, and always feature a timely forestry topic, lively discussion, and networking. Directions to Steelhead Brewery
The Emerald Chapter also hosts an annual chapter field trip in June, and partners with local organizations to promote forestry education and sustainable forestry.
For the most up-to-date Chapter news and events, please follow us on our Facebook page
April Chapter Meeting: Tuesday, April 17th at 6 p.m. at the Steelhead Brewery in Eugene. Cheryl Adcock of the BLM will give a detailed History of the BLM O&C Lands. For an overview, here is a nice video on YouTube by Oregon BLM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqOuXy0a0jM
- May 15th: The TallWood Design Institute; the collaborative between Oregon State University College of Forestry and Engineering and the University of Oregon College of Design for the advancement of structural wood products.
- Fire Prevention for the Apo-Eclipse. Kristin Babbs of Keep Oregon Green
- February Chapter Meeting: Panel Discussion on Herbicide use in forestry
- January Chapter Meeting: Peter Daugherty, Oregon State Forester
- December Chapter Meeting: Sara Duncan, OFIC Director of Public Affairs
To receive the monthly newsletter, chapter communications, and event notices via email, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair: Noelle Arena
Chair Elect: Maria Urban
Treasurer: Norm Michaels
Newsletter Editor/Secretary: Jeff Grogan
Policy: Bob Sanders
Other: Steve Cafferata
Delegate at Large: (open)
Membership Chair: (open)