Chapter Communications :
The Emerald Chapter of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) is comprised of approximately 150 natural resource professionals in and around Lane County, Oregon. We were named the Oregon Chapter of the Year for 2017!
Chapter Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from September to May, at the Steelhead Brewery in Eugene. Meetings start at 6 p.m. with dinner/social hour, and always feature a timely forestry topic, lively discussion, and networking. Directions to Steelhead Brewery
The Emerald Chapter also hosts an annual chapter field trip in June, and partners with local organizations to promote forestry education and sustainable forestry.
For the most up-to-date Chapter news and events, please follow us on our Facebook page
- Tuesday, December 18th, 6 p.m. at the Steelhead Brewery. Speaker will be Gordon Culbertson, and he will give a presentation on the Forest History of the McKenzie Valley, focusing on the Rosboro Company. Gordon is a life-long resident of Lane County, and has worked nearly 40 years managing timber, forestry and forest products operations. Active in a number of community activities; Gordon and his wife Gail live in Walterville, Oregon. Together they own Whitewater Forests LLC, managing two tree farms certified under the American Tree Farm system.
- November: Nick Smith, Heathly Forests, Healthy Communities, post election forest policy update
- October: Lauren Grand, OSU Forestry Extension, on her Northern Red-legged frog research.
- May: The TallWood Design Institute http://tallwoodinstitute.org/
- April: History of the BLM O&C Lands: Cheryl Adcock (BLM)
- March: Fire Prevention for the Apo-Eclipse. Kristin Babbs of Keep Oregon Green
- February: Panel Discussion on Herbicide use in forestry
- January: Peter Daugherty, Oregon State Forester
To receive the monthly newsletter, chapter communications, and event notices via email, please send us a note at email@example.com
Treasurer: Norm Michaels
Newsletter Editor/Secretary: Jeff Grogan
Policy: Bob Sanders
Other: Steve Cafferata
Delegate at Large: (open)
Membership Chair: (open)