Emerald Chapter Overview and Contact:
The Emerald Chapter of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) is comprised of approximately 150 natural resource professionals in and around Lane County, Oregon.
Chapter Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from September to May, in several locations in the Eugene area. Meetings start at 6 p.m. with dinner/social hour, and always feature a timely forestry topic, lively discussion, and networking.
The Emerald Chapter also hosts an annual chapter field trip in June, and partners with local organizations to promote forestry education and sustainable forestry.
For the most up-to-date Chapter news and events, please follow us on our Facebook page
- January 21st Chapter Meeting: ODF State Forester Peter Daugherty. Update on State Management Planning and 2020 ODF Board Priorities. The meeting will be held at Roaring Rapids Pizza, Eugene (NEW LOCATION!). Dinner and social hour starting at 6 p.m.
- November: Forest Geology and Slope Stability in Western Oregon
- October: Happy Hour @ Steelhead/Lane County Commissioners Public Meeting
- June: Summer Potluck BBQ with the Umpqua and Coos Bay Chapters at River Forks Park
- May: Good Neighbor Authority, Kyle Sullivan/Micheal Curren (ODF) and Tracy Beck (USFS)
- April: Forest Pollinators, Christine Buhl, ODF Statewide Entomologist
- March: Forestry Advocacy tips and tricks with Jake Pelroy
- February: Peter Daugherty, Oregon State Forester
- January: Guillermo Giannico, OSU Fisheries Extension, Fish Habitat, and Riparian Interactions
To receive the monthly newsletter, chapter communications, and event notices via email, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us at email@example.com