The Emerald Chapter of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) is comprised of approximately 150 natural resource professionals in and around Lane County, Oregon.
Chapter Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from September to May, at the Steelhead Brewery in Eugene. Meetings start at 6 p.m. with dinner/social hour, and always feature a timely forestry topic, lively discussion, and networking. Directions to Steelhead Brewery
The Emerald Chapter also hosts an annual chapter field trip in June, and partners with local organizations to promote forestry education and sustainable forestry.
For the most up-to-date Chapter news and events, please follow us on our Facebook page
- Tuesday, October 16th, 6 p.m. at the Steelhead Brewery, Eugene. Speaker/Presentation will be from our own Emerlald Chaper member Lauren Grand on her northern Red-legged Frog population study in forested wetlands.
- May: The TallWood Design Institute http://tallwoodinstitute.org/
- April: History of the BLM O&C Lands: Cheryl Adcock (BLM)
- March: Fire Prevention for the Apo-Eclipse. Kristin Babbs of Keep Oregon Green
- February: Panel Discussion on Herbicide use in forestry
- January: Peter Daugherty, Oregon State Forester
- December: Sara Duncan, OFIC Director of Public Affairs
To receive the monthly newsletter, chapter communications, and event notices via email, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Norm Michaels
Newsletter Editor/Secretary: Jeff Grogan
Policy: Bob Sanders
Other: Steve Cafferata
Delegate at Large: (open)
Membership Chair: (open)