Emerald Chapter Overview and Contact:
The Emerald Chapter of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) is comprised of approximately 150 natural resource professionals in and around Lane County, Oregon.
Chapter Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from September to May, at the Steelhead Brewery in Eugene. Meetings start at 6 p.m. with dinner/social hour, and always feature a timely forestry topic, lively discussion, and networking. Directions to Steelhead Brewery
The Emerald Chapter also hosts an annual chapter field trip in June, and partners with local organizations to promote forestry education and sustainable forestry.
For the most up-to-date Chapter news and events, please follow us on our Facebook page
- Tuesday, October 15th: No "standard" chapter meeting, as we plan to attend the Lane County Commissioners Public comment meeting from 5:30-7:00. The timing of the public comment meeting is important and we would like to make a presence, as the Commissioners will have a work session on the ongoing potential local ballot measure to ban aerial herbicide ban on October 16th.
- Chapter members: be on the lookout for an email with details about the Commissioners meeting; non-chapter members can contact Jeff Grogan or Hannah Hegerberg at OFIC for more information.
- The basic plan is to Meet at the Steelhead at 4:30 p.m., and then we will walk over to Harris Hall for the meeting. Plan for a debrief after the meeting at the Steelhead!
- Public comment from foresters is encouraged at the meeting!
- Tuesday, November 19th: Chapter meeting at The Steelhead Brewery in Eugene.
- June: Summer Potluck BBQ with the Umpqua and Coos Bay Chapters at River Forks Park
- May: Good Neighbor Authority, Kyle Sullivan/Micheal Curren (ODF) and Tracy Beck (USFS)
- April: Forest Pollinators, Christine Buhl, ODF Statewide Entomologist
- March: Forestry Advocacy tips and tricks with Jake Pelroy
- February: Peter Daugherty, Oregon State Forester
- January: Guillermo Giannico, OSU Fisheries Extension, Fish Habitat, and Riparian Interactions
To receive the monthly newsletter, chapter communications, and event notices via email, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us at email@example.com