Emerald Chapter Overview and Contact:
The Emerald Chapter of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) is comprised of approximately 150 natural resource professionals in and around Lane County, Oregon.
Chapter Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from September to May, in several locations in the Eugene area. Meetings start at 6 p.m. with dinner/social hour, and always feature a timely forestry topic, lively discussion, and networking.
The Emerald Chapter also hosts an annual chapter field trip in June, and partners with local organizations to promote forestry education and sustainable forestry.
For the most up-to-date Chapter news and events, please follow us on our Facebook page
- Tuesday, May 19: Zoom Chapter Meeting at 6 p.m.: Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) for Remote Sensing with Dr. Michael Wing. A look at using UAS (drones) for remote sensing in forestry and other applications, including a brief review of popular aircraft platforms. Michael Wing is the director of the Aerial Information Systems Lab at Oregon State University (OSU) and an associate professor of geomatics in the Forest Engineering, Resources, and Management Department.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Jeff Grogan or Lauren Grand for the Zoom info
- April: Zoom Meeting on Glyphosate Risks and studies with
- February: OSU College of Forestry Professor John Sessions: Cable Assist Logging
- January: Oregon State Forester Peter Daugherty
- November: Forest Geology and Slope Stability in Western Oregon
- October: Happy Hour @ Steelhead/Lane County Commissioners Public Meeting
To receive the monthly newsletter, chapter communications, and event notices via email, please send us a note at email@example.com
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org