Emerald Chapter Overview and Contact:
The Emerald Chapter of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) is comprised of approximately 150 natural resource professionals in and around Lane County, Oregon. We were named the Oregon Chapter of the Year for 2017!
Chapter Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from September to May, at the Steelhead Brewery in Eugene. Meetings start at 6 p.m. with dinner/social hour, and always feature a timely forestry topic, lively discussion, and networking. Directions to Steelhead Brewery
The Emerald Chapter also hosts an annual chapter field trip in June, and partners with local organizations to promote forestry education and sustainable forestry.
For the most up-to-date Chapter news and events, please follow us on our Facebook page
Tuesday, April 16th, 6 p.m. at the Steelhead Brewery. Forest Pollinators, Christine Buhl, ODF Statewide Entomologist. Oregon is home to over 500 species of bees, which are responsible for pollinating many of our staple crops and plants in rural and urban landscapes. Often overlooked are bees present in Oregon forests. Who and where are they? What can we do to protect them? We will discuss how Oregon is tackling enhancing pollinator health and habitat and what we can do to help with forest management.
- May 21: ODF/USFS Good Neighbor Authority
- Saturday, June 8: Summer Potluck BBQ with the Umpqua and Coos Bay Chapters! Bring the whole family!
- Location: River Forks Park, Roseburg http://www.co.douglas.or.us/parks/view_park.asp?id=37&features=&cnt=
- Date/Time: 6/8/2019. The BBQ starts at 3pm.
- Parking is $4
- Bring a side dish; SAF will provide meat and drinks
- March: Forestry Advocacy tips and tricks with Jake Pelroy
- February: Peter Daugherty, Oregon State Forester
- January: Guillermo Giannico, OSU Fisheries Extension, Fish Habitat, and Riparian Interactions
- December: Gordon Culbertson, Rosboro Forest History in the McKenzie River Valley
- November: Nick Smith, Healthy Forests, Healthy Communities, post-election forest policy update
- October: Lauren Grand, OSU Forestry Extension, on her Northern Red-legged frog research.
To receive the monthly newsletter, chapter communications, and event notices via email, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chairs: Tiffany Roddy / Tyler Claxton
Delegate at Large: Emily Caretti
Program Chair: Lauren Grand
Treasurer: Norm Michaels
Newsletter Editor/Secretary: Jeff Grogan
Policy: Bob Sanders
Other: Steve Cafferata
Membership Chair: (open)