Legislative Day on the Hill
Contact: Kelly Zandell, email@example.com, 360-388-7074 Again this year, WFFA members will gather at the Capitol in Olympia, Washington to tell our tree farm stories to our Senators and State Representatives. On January 18, we will hold our Legislative Day on the Hill where we’ll visit with our legislators and talk about the significance of tree farmers as an important part of our economy and environment. We will help members develop talking points and provide additional logistical support if you plan to attend the Legislative Day. We will make sure you are well looked after! This is a great opportunity to tell your story in a way that makes a difference.
If you will be joining fellow WFFA members for our Legislative Day, you’ll need to take these important steps:
- RSVP – Let us know you’ll be there – Contact Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-388-7074. Your RSVP will help ensure that we are prepared for you and sign you up to receive updates on this event.
- Confirm your Legislative District – When you register, Kelly will help you confirm which legislative district you live in (look up your district at: http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder.) This will allow us to coordinate with other members who have already made legislative appointments and make the most of our day.
- Make an appointment with your State Legislators –
- Find your legislators at http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/.
- Click on each name and write down their phone number and email.
- Call each of your legislators and ask for an appointment. Here’s what you can say when you call, “I live and vote in Senator/Representative_______’s legislative district. On January 18th I will be in Olympia to talk about sustainable forestry and would like to meet with Senator/Representative ________. Would it be possible to make a 5-10 minute appointment for Thursday, January 18th?”
- Be sure to get the name and email of the staff you speak with and/or the scheduler for the office you call.
- Follow-up with a confirmation email.
- Let Kelly know your appointment times – As you make appointments, contact Kelly so we maintain our master list.
- Need help? If you need assistance with contacting your legislators, please get in touch with Kelly.
Meeting with Commissioner Franz
Contact: Kelly Zandell, email@example.com, 360-388-7074We have a 1:00 PM meeting set with the Commissioner of Public Lands, Hilary Franz. Make sure to schedule your meetings with your legislators so that you will also be able to attend our group meeting with Commissioner Franz. We will take this opportunity to meet with the Commissioner as small forest landowners and discuss some of our key issues we seek the DNR's support with. Please RSVP to Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-388-7074 if you plan to attend this meeting.
Forest Products Legislative Reception
Contact: John Ehrenreich, email@example.com, 360-789-6837 The day will culminate in the sixth annual Forest Products Legislative Reception co-sponsored by the Washington Society of American Foresters, WFFA, Washington Tree Farm Program, Washington Forest Protection Association, and other forestry interests. We want the Forest Products community to enhance our presence with our legislators and their staff and to get to know one another on a personal basis. The Legislative Reception is a great place to meet with our legislators and forestry folks in an informal and friendly venue, with appetizers and beverages provided, and cap off a great day.